Spark Machining Services
Cer-Mac uses RAM EDM when faced with machining a very small part, a part with very thin walls and with accuracies that are difficult to hold, maintain after heat treating.
RAM EDM uses custom machined electrodes which creates a spark between the material being machined and the electrode. The spark electrode materials in the EDM tools pathway, creating the complex cavities or shapes desired.
RAM EDM CAPABILITIES
- Max. work tank 30.3” x 19.6” x 9.8”
- Max. work table 19.6” x 12.7”
- Max. Table load 1200 lbs.
- 32 RMS of lower, slower feed rate increases surface finish
- All conductive material burns, soft or hard including carbide
BENEFITS OF RAM EDM
- Tolerances of +/- .00015” can be achieved
- Material hardness does not effect process—Tungsten carbide, Stellite, Hastelloy, Nimonic and Inconel all can be successfully machined by EDM
- Cutting complex shapes and thin walled configurations without distortion
- EDM process leaves no burrs